News and Media
Here you can find general news
, and collaborators
from the face aging group.
- Face Aging Group teams with CMU’s Biometrics Lab to win IARPA’s Biometrics Exploitation Science and Technology (BEST) Program (IARPA-BAA-09-02) proposal entitled, “Exploration of 3-D Craniofacial for Robust 2-D Biometric Signals Against Aging and Pose Variation”, November 2009.
- Face Aging Group teams with Carnegie Mellon University, Clemson University, and North Carolina A&T State University to form the first Office of Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), Science and Technology Directorate, Center for Academic Excellence, 2008.
- IRL Lab/Face Aging Group announces positions for postdoctoral candidates who have strong foundation in image processing, pattern classification, and/or biometrics. Call for Postdocs
- Face Aging Group showcases latest research at IT Technology Fair at UNC Wilmington, March 26, 2009. News coverage provided by local news station, WECT. See coverage here.
- Presentations at Robust 2008, Diachronic Review of Aging: Mechanisms and Algorithms and Micro-Gestures for Identification, November 2008.
- Lying about your age? A computer can tell. News article on MSNBC.com: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26963524/from/ET/
- Face Aging Group organizes special session at IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition 2008.
|Dr. Karl Ricanek|
|Dr. Karl Ricanek working to capture 3D face models.|
|The entire face aging group.|
|Dr. Eric Patterson, Dr. Karl Ricanek, and Dr. Midori Albert.|
VideosLink to a news segment that discusses our interdisplinary research on facial aging. (MPEG format. Quicktime may be necessary).